Pourover Brewing Guide
Pourover is possibly one of the most simple ways to make a great tasting cup of joe. Remember great tasting coffee should be simple.
You will need:
- 20 grams of your favorite whole bean coffee, preferably from Mokka Bean but any good freshly roasted coffee will do :)
- 300 grams of boiling water.
- Hario v60 filter cone is prefered but any other brand will do just fine.
- Your favorite coffee cup.
- Assemble your dripper on top of your coffee cup
- Bring 350 grams of water to boil.
- Grind your coffee to medium using a burr grinder.
- Pour water over your filter and allow it to drip. You want to use about 50 grams of water. This should take about 30 to 45 seconds which will allow for the remaining water to reach a perfect brewing temperature. It will also clean your filter to remove paper taste and warm your cup.
- Once all the water dripped through, discard it.
- Add all the ground coffee.
- Pour about 50 grams of water over your coffee and let it sit for about 45 seconds.
- Pour the rest of the water over the grounds in circular motion.
- It should take about 2 to 2.5 minutes for all the water to drain through. If it's taking much longer your coffee is to fine. If much quicker than your coffee is too coarse. Make a note and try again.
- Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee.